2 medium sweet potatoes (each about 5 inches long x 2 inches wide)
2/3 cup frozen Market Day broccoli, thawed, chopped
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the potatoes: Wash the potatoes and use a fork to poke holes in several spots on all sides of the potatoes (this helps let steam out while they cook). Place the potatoes on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a wet paper towel, and cook in 2 1/2 minute intervals, checking the potatoes at every interval by piercing them with a fork. The potatoes are done when you can easily pierce a fork to the center of the potato. They should be done 5-7 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then carefully cut each potato in half (they will be hot, be careful!). Using a pot holder or small towel to hold each potato half. Use a spoon to scoop out about 3/4 of the potato flesh from each half.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add the butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, broccoli, and cheese to the potatoes and mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Scoop the potato mixture back into each of the potato halves.
- To finish cooking the potatoes, put them back in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes, or bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!